Current:Home > StocksDrew Barrymore stalking suspect trespasses NYFW show seeking Emma Watson, police say -Capitatum
Drew Barrymore stalking suspect trespasses NYFW show seeking Emma Watson, police say
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 10:02:09
NEW YORK — A man accused of repeatedly stalking celebrities has been arrested for barging into a dressing room at a New York City fashion show and screaming that he wanted to marry actor Emma Watson, authorities said.
Chad Michael Busto, who was arrested last month after a run-in with Drew Barrymore, pleaded not guilty Saturday to criminal trespass and disorderly conduct charges in the incident last week at the Ralph Lauren show at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Busto, 43, was released without bail. His next court date is Oct. 2. A message seeking comment was left with a lawyer listed for him on court records.
According to prosecutors, Busto entered the fashion show dressing room Friday night and screamed: “I want to marry Emma Watson. Let me speak to Emma Watson. Let me take a photo with Emma Watson.”
More:Drew Barrymore escorted offstage by Reneé Rapp at New York event after crowd disruption
Busto did not have permission to be at the fashion show, became irate when he was asked to leave and refused to do so, police said. The outburst disrupted preparations for the event, part of the biannual New York Fashion Week, prosecutors said.
It wasn’t clear if Watson, known for starring roles in the “Harry Potter” and live action “Beauty and the Beast” films, attended the fashion show. A message seeking comment was left with her representatives.
Last month, a man identifying himself as Busto rushed a Manhattan stage where Barrymore was interviewing singer and actor Reneé Rapp. Rapp helped guide Barrymore to safety and security guards escorted the man out of the theater.
Days later, Busto was arrested in the Hamptons and charged with stalking after police say he was spotted going door-to-door asking for directions to Barrymore’s home. The “Scream” actor and “Drew Barrymore Show” TV host was not there at the time.
More:Drew Barrymore to return amid writer's strike. Which other daytime talk shows will follow?
Last week, after Busto failed to show up to be fitted for a court-ordered GPS monitor under the terms of his release, a Southampton judge issued a warrant for his arrest.
Busto, who’s been linked to addresses of shelters and church ministries in California and Washington, D.C., has a history of arrests and bizarre behavior. His record includes prior arrests for trespassing, disorderly conduct and indecent exposure.
In a handwritten lawsuit last year, Busto claimed he’d been granted ownership of the Hilton hotels chain. That case was swiftly dismissed.
Other lawsuits under Busto’s name include one seeking to challenge the prison sentences of all criminal defendants in “All prisons on Planet Earth.”
In a 2021 court filing, Busto wrote that he was “Born by Force” and that his parents are “More Guilty for My Entire Existence as Two Humans Than the One (Sort of) Human I am Generally Considered to Be!”
Another Busto court filing consisted mostly of Pokémon cards.
More:Ralph Lauren makes lavish NYFW comeback at show with JLo, Diane Keaton, Sofia Richie, more
veryGood! (26)
Related
- DoorDash steps up driver ID checks after traffic safety complaints
- O.J. Simpson was the biggest story of the 1990s. His trial changed the way TV covers news
- Photos show damage, flooding as Southern states are hit with heavy rain and tornadoes
- Cannes 2024 to feature Donald Trump drama, Francis Ford Coppola's 'Megalopolis' and more
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- Legendary athlete, actor and millionaire: O.J. Simpson’s murder trial lost him the American dream
- Scott Drew staying at Baylor after considering Kentucky men's basketball job
- QB Shedeur Sanders attends first in-person lecture at Colorado after more than a year
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- Here’s how investigators allege Ippei Mizuhara stole $16 million from Shohei Ohtani
Ranking
- Elon Musk's skyrocketing net worth: He's the first person with over $400 billion
- Sen. Bob Menendez and his wife will have separate bribery trials, judge rules
- Homebuyers’ quandary: to wait or not to wait for lower mortgage rates
- Sister Wives' Janelle Brown Shares Heartbreaking Message on Late Son Garrison's Birthday
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- AP WAS THERE: OJ Simpson’s slow-speed chase
- Meet The Real Housewives of Dubai's Fiery New Housewife in Sizzling Season 2 Trailer
- Judge dismisses lawsuits filed against rapper Drake over deadly Astroworld concert
Recommendation
Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
20 years later, Abu Ghraib detainees get their day in US court
Tennessee GOP senators OK criminalizing helping minors get transgender care, mimicking abortion bill
Caleb Williams, Marvin Harrison Jr. among 13 prospects to attend 2024 NFL draft
Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
O.J. Simpson Trial Witness Kato Kaelin Honors Nicole Brown Simpson After O.J.'s Death
Judge dismisses lawsuits filed against rapper Drake over deadly Astroworld concert
Canada at risk of another catastrophic wildfire season, government warns